Principal: Mrs Ann O'Sullivan
Mr Lee Copeland
Miss Georgia Boylan,
Mrs Kate Bennie
au-webs.com - 2017-18 (C)
Getting your SACE
Each subject or course that you successfully complete earns 'credits' towards the SACE. Students receive a final
grade from A to E for each Stage 1 subject and from A+ to E– for each Stage 2 subject.
To gain your SACE, you need to achieve 200 credits.
• the compulsory subjects make up 50 credits:
• 10 credits for the Personal Learning Plan at Stage 1
• 10 credits chosen from a range of English subjects at Stage 1 or Stage 2 (literacy requirement)
• 10 credits chosen from a range of mathematics subjects at Stage 1 or Stage 2 (numeracy requirement)
• 10 credits for the Research Project at Stage 2.
You will also need to successfully complete at least 60 credits from Stage 2 subjects. You can choose these
subjects, but they have to be worth at least 60 credits in total.
The remaining 90 credits can be gained through additional Stage 1 or Stage 2 subjects or Board-recognised
courses (such as VET or community learning). You can choose the subjects or courses that you study to gain the
remaining 90 credits.
To gain your SACE, you need to achieve:
• C grade or better in the compulsory Stage 1 subjects
• C– grade or better in the compulsory 70 credits of Stage 2 subjects, including 10 credits for the Research
Keep in mind that 10 credits equate to one semester of study in a subject, and 20 credits equate to a full-year
Requirements of the SACE
SACE stands for
South Australian Certificate of
• A qualification for preparation for
further learning, work, and life.
• Recognised nationally and
What is the SACE?